Tara's World

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Tara's World

Tara's World I'm sorry i have not been in a long time i am avery busy
girl. Well let me keep you up tp date on some of the intersting things in
my life. First i am getting ready for christmas. I am not done all
my shopping, theres quite a few people to get for and my boyfriend and most of my family

won't be around for christmas. Candice is enjoying herself in arizona Aunt pat is visiting
with her mom and i am having christmas with the Rosses this year.

Things are okay in work Giant tiger the store i used to work for layed me off
for some who don't know i used to be a reciever at Giant Tiger. They want me back for
March. permanent position. right now i am stuck looking for work.

I did a christmas play this year for GTA Church it was a blast it was king of heaven posted on Jamies blog
check it out.
I have a couple new friends that i met at work they are very sweet girls one of them used to go to my church.
Cam she works very hard and is fun to be around. oh yeah AV-Base Michelle,Lori

merry christmas to everyone.
If your wondering where my other half went he's in South Carolina
Blessed. Theres so much to say like Guess what i got from Niel and stephanie?

a Kitten she is so cute 6 weeks old and now is potty trained (yay)
her name is Mia

and i will post some of my work pics on my blog of my Av-base christmas paty
i had a blast it was down town and it was murder mystery party.

I've been thinking about christmas alot and trying to ask myself why do we give presents on christmas i know that
when christ was born he was given 3 specail one from the wise men but what so special about having to buy christmas presents every year just a thought. becaues i'm not sure in the bible if theres an scriptures. backing up this little activity
If you have an answer let me know .

7 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Tara,

I'm so glad you are writing again. I can't wait ti see you this Christmas!

I've been thinking about the same thing this year about presents. I've tried not ot spend as much money as i usually do on presents, but I think that even if there isn't a bible verse that tells us giving presents is cool, showing people that you love them is always good. (though you don't have to do that through buying gifts, it is an easy way out.)

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Mia-ow.

Hey Tara, I saw the DVD of the play you were in and you did a great job in your part!

Have a Merry Christmas and I'll see you at work in the New Year!

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Jamie A. Grant said...

Thanks for the Simpsons DVD, Tara! Perfect choice.

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Cam said...

Glad to see you had some time to update your blog. You're a lot of fun to hang out with, I've enjoyed our excursions shopping, there's so much to talk about :)

Congrats on your new kitty!

Re: Christmas Gifts... Christmas is the time we celebrate the birth of Jesus. I see the gifts as a bonus :) it's the commercial side of Christmas. I like the extra time off from work too, I get the chance to spend it with my friends/family.

I have to admit, I do love giving presents, it's an opportunity for me to give thanks to everyone who's touched my life throughout the year, a small token of appreciation, that's why I give gifts at Christmas.

Happy New Year Tara :)

 
At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tara, glad to see you've added a new post.

Lucky girl, a kitty for Christmas! You'll have to post some pictures of Mia for all of us to see.

RE: Gifts
Christmas can meen many things for different people. For myself, it reminds me of the childlike innocence that exists in all of us, and it represents peace and goodwill. But not all of us feel the same way. I find that I am able to shift the feelings of peace and goodwill to others simply by putting up some decorations and giving gifts. These are simply the rituals of the season, tools which help us spread cheer.

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Battle said...

I give gifts as a way to celebrate God giving himself as a gift to all those willing to recieve his gift. He gave us a gift and all we have to do is say "thanks for coming down to earth and excepting the punishment for all the bad stuff I've done so that I don't have to get punished for it"

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Jamie A. Grant said...

I want new pics!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home